Teens and Adolescents Specialized Rehab Centers
Beartooth Mountain Ascent / Beartooth Men's Rehab
Betty Ford Center - Naples
Ascendant New York
Treatment For Teens & Adolescents
Thankfully, if you have a teen or adolescent in your home struggling with addiction, you can find teen addiction treatment programs in your area.
Let Find Luxury Rehabs connect you to a local teen drug and alcohol rehab center.
Teen Addiction Rates
Early substance abuse has a high correlation to substance abuse later in life. For that reason, finding teen drug and alcohol rehab programs as quickly as you can lead to a much better life overall.
- Over 8% of teenagers have used drugs in the last month.
- Almost 600,000 teenagers have used an illegal drug other than marijuana in the last month.
- By the time they reach 12th grade, almost 50% of teens have tried illegal drugs.
- Nearly 5,000 teenagers die from an overdose annually.
- Over 1.2 million teens and adolescents binge drink.
- 2.7% of 12th graders drink daily.
- 5.3% of 12 graders have abused opioids in the last month. High school students who get a prescription for opioids are 33% more likely to use them after high school.
- 5% of teenagers report having used cocaine in the last year.
- 4.4% of 12 graders have used Adderall. 4.3% have used amphetamines. 1.6% have used crack cocaine at least once, and 1.7% have used Ritalin.
With Find Luxury Rehabs, you can find the best teen drug and alcohol rehab.
Why Are Teens Prone to Addiction?
The adolescent brain is still developing, particularly the prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for decision-making, risk assessment, and impulse control. This underdevelopment makes teens more likely to engage in risky behaviors, including experimenting with drugs and alcohol.
Peer Pressure and Social Influence
Teens are highly influenced by their peers and the social environment. The desire to fit in or be accepted can lead them to try substances. Additionally, they may perceive substance use as normal behavior if they see peers engaging in it.
Stress and Mental Health Issues
Adolescence is a period of significant physical, emotional, and social changes. Teens might turn to drugs or alcohol as a way to cope with stress, anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues.
Novelty Seeking and Risk-Taking Behavior
Teens are naturally inclined to seek new experiences and take risks. This tendency can lead them to experiment with drugs and alcohol, often without fully understanding the risks involved.
What Are the Signs of Teen Drug Use?
- Sudden changes in friends, favorite hangouts, and hobbies.
- Skipping class or a decline in academic performance.
- Loss of interest in extracurricular activities or hobbies.
- Secretive behavior, such as being unusually private or deceptive.
- Legal problems or getting into trouble with the law.
- Unexplained need for money or sudden spending of money.
Physical Health Signs
- Noticeable fatigue or sleeping at unusual times.
- Red or glassy eyes.
- Frequent nosebleeds (could be related to snorted drugs).
- Unusual smells on breath, body, or clothing.
- Tremors, slurred speech, or impaired coordination.
- Sudden weight loss or weight gain.
- Unexplained changes in personality or attitude.
- Sudden mood swings or irritability.
- Periods of unusual hyperactivity or agitation.
- Lack of motivation or apathy.
- Appears fearful, anxious, or paranoid without reason.
Physical Evidence of Drug Use
- Finding drugs or drug paraphernalia (e.g., pipes, rolling papers, lighters, needles) among their belongings.
- Unexplained disappearance of prescription or over-the-counter medications.
- Strange pills, capsules, or packages appearing among their things.
What to Look for in a Teen Rehab Program
The drug rehab for teens that you select needs to include services that you may or may not find with adult rehab centers.
Education is a profoundly important part of drug rehab for teens. Education on the nature of addiction, mental health, and lifestyle, and coping skills that can be applied in lieu of substance abuse should be a significant part of the program.
Teen drug treatment centers should involve parents on an active level. Family therapy should be a critical part of treatment so that parents can encourage and support their teens during their recovery and as they continue to maintain sobriety.
Finding the Best Addiction Treatment for Teens and Adolescents Near You
If you are interested in finding drug rehab for teenagers, we can help you choose the best teen addiction treatment programs in your area. We can help you compare different programs side-by-side based on their history of success. With Find Luxury Rehabs, you can find a teen drug and alcohol rehab facility that includes all of the medications or psychological treatments you want for your child.
Using our resources, you can find teen drug treatment centers with the highest level of flexibility so that recovery is easy. This flexibility isn’t just for their schedule but for the particular services and the personal interests they provide. We also make it easier for you to take virtual tours of the recovery environment so that you know what your child will expect when they start drug rehab for teens.
Let Find Luxury Rehabs help you find a rehab program for your teen.